Thursday, October 26, 2006

I have a cool new toy to use. On Tuesday I was able to get one of the two new SmartBoards placed in my room on a trial basis. I'm always willing to be the guinea pig and try out new electronic devices or software. I must say a SmartBoard is VERY cool and definitely an electronic gadget guys dream. The only thing that will make this dream better is the fact I will have an AirLiner to use - it is a remote device (writing tablet) which will work along side the SmartBoard. The students are really excited to have it in class and see how it is used. They are a little more involved/focused because of it. I'm hoping the three kids will be able to come by and see it one of these days. I need to get grading papers, talk to you soon and God Bless.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Walter,
Today I came across your posting about trying out the SMART Board interactive whiteboard. I am the SMART Board Product Manager for SMART Technologies in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

Would you mind if I emailed you directly to get feedback on your experience with the product? We are always interested learning more from teachers about how they are using it to improve their lessons.

Thanks,
Christine Gillies

5:51 PM

 
Blogger Kai Walther said...

Please do. I am very excited because I have been pushing to get one in my classroom for a few years and now that we are able to have one I have "kidnapped" it until they take it away. My email address is waltherk@district279.org

1:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home